View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesj View Post
Neat bike with an interresting frame. I thought the rear rack was integrated into the frame, but I guess not. 622 wheels must have been popular in Europe for a lot longer than in the US. They didn`t really become common here until the late 1980s, and even then, they were only on high end bikes.
I think that here at northern europe we always have had 28" for adult's bicycles, but can't recall if it has been 622.

Rear wheel is from 80's and tire from 2006, front wheel and tire are from 2006 as found bicycle but not the wheels it has had originally.

@euromodder, I have seen people going to single speed and fixed bicycles and some making them look like those old racing bicycles, finally some sense is applied to fashion
However my studies have found that new such bicycles are not any way compatible with these true old bicycles, so I guess marketing is at it once again, creating new product that resembles old one but so that they can sell all incompatible bits once again for everyone.
I think that in a way, this old recycled junk of mine is more genuine as bicycle is truly old. I must try to refurbish those old wheels I found earlier, that belong to different bicycle but are more correct era, then it would be true old fashion racer

If just this pollen allergy would let go, it is really bad this year and hour outside means next night and day are wasted indoors feeling very sick.