View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #51 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Obstructing traffic isn't anyone's idea of a good time, at least here. Barring strobes and a train horn, there isn't much we can do to make people pay attention though. Most hypermilers aren't caught up in the "I'm ahead of you and you suck" mentality that you see a lot out there, so any extra frustration isn't really something we cause.

Personally, I almost never go outside the white line to encourage a pass. If I have to line it up that much then it's either not really safe to pass or I'm being followed by an idiot. Either way I don't really care about how he feels. I'll go to the line, and a lot of times that's all that the other driver needs- a pretty clear statement that I'm not going to try to prevent a pass.

In some of the less heavily travelled areas, the speed limit drops at intersections where there's a light. Hick cops know that people doing 70 in a 55 are looking for cops, but people doing 55 aren't. Not looking for cops, they'll keep doing 55 through the intersection without noticing that it's a 35 for a few hundred yards. Voila! A ticket for 20 over, right near your favorite donut shop, and for a lot less work than hunting down that 15 over ticket outside of town- plus it's even more likely to be an out of stater. So no, I don't go through intersections faster as a courtesy. If they're in that much of a hurry, they'd have already passed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%