Thread: Good Morning
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Talking Good Morning

OOps, my bad. I purchased the metro in '05 with 175k,( approx.). Needing a valve job and some minor body work. Cost............... $45.00 USD. Ching. I spent $16.00 om the head gasket and did everything elsle in my garage. Now I'm sporting 197,865 miles. Still haven't painted it. Waiting on the final death rattle. It was good to read that I'm not the only one who should be replacing wheel bearings. So far my best tankfull allowed me to garner a whopping 55 mpg. But that was last year and things have been going downhill for some time now. Last tank was only 39 mpg. I am sure it is due to the excess oil in the cumbustion chambers and other parasitic losses. I have no time now but when I return I will get to the garage and give you guys the whole list of cars I own, plus as an added bonus(call before midnight tonight) The ones I'm responsible for and the things I've done to tweak them without their owners knowledge. Yes some of them are not clueless and have noticed the differences. S.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein