View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #58 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_frontal_area View Post
what i cannot get is why a site that considers itself "alternative" needs such a quarantine - unless grill blocks, cardboard airdams and kamm backs only to be eclipsed by someone placing a gasoline powered generator in the back of a car to create a "hybrid", are the limits of creativity/innovation
Oh, sure... We should all just up and try out the latest and craziest in supposed fuel economy mods right this very instant! Even if they cost a lot of money, have been shown to not really do much in terms of real-world gains, and/or have been shown to damage or destroy our cars!

Yah, I'll get right on that one...

Quote:
if only water are you suggesting a 4% improvement due to the high EGT readings and resulting increased diesel fuel use you would have without its use?
i have found on diesels aside from the EGT control and tamed flame front (besides some benefit from thermo expansion) it is mainly the cooling that is of benefit but not exactly with significant MPG gains. what is YOUR secret?
Gee, engineering states that cooler intake air in a diesel directly increases its efficiency. Nothing mysterious about that.

Quote:
it is gassers where water injection has tremendous potential. by manipulating fuel volume and or timing interesting things (MPG) can happen since a spark ignition engine under load is naturally on the verge of pre-ignition.
Okay... I'll bite. What are you trying to sell?