View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #31 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,801 Times in 938 Posts
I went with black for a few reasons--black was readily available, whereas factory matching color would have had to be ordered, and I thought it might look weird with the negative space of the stock grill and foglight hole covers turned red. I wasn't planning on extending the black that far out the sides, but I got carried away sanding. Plus, the black will match my eventual tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varn View Post
Nice job Vman. How do you see out your side mirrors. Seems like there may be some safety issues. When I had an Illinois drivers license I was required to have outside mirrors. It is a fairly common restriction.

Do you have narrow mirrors in your flattish panels?
Nope, just some interior convex mirrors from Autozone. I can see just as well as with the stock mirrors, and Illinois only requires one mirror(!), "so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such motor vehicle." So, blocking the rear window would make the interior mirrors no-go, but as it sits it's legal (but not in Washington, where it's registered until the tabs expire later this year).