View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #114 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Back to Arduino and logging

This morning, after the issues and multiple reboots with Labview last night, the real-time clock sketch works just fine - no library issues

Perhaps the laptop needed a reboot and I was too dim to realize that.

So I ran Lady Ada`s lighttemplogger program. It worked fine with CS on pin 8.

Put the applicable chunks of the lighttemplogger program into my PLC interface program and ... it`s too large to fit into the Arduino Uno.

So I saved the program as loggerweb3 and made a new version of loggerweb4 where all of the ethernet stuff is removed. I don`t really need it right now, and I need to work on the datalogging.

The code is back down to about 19K (it was over 31K with ethernet). Adding a few debug statement squashed the first few bugs. Adjusting some timing took care of the rest.

I still have a problem with Scanf. It reads the integers just fine, but the floating point always returns 0.00 ... and there are no warnings on the compile. I`ll have to look at that later.

I can see the LOGGERNN files on the SD card getting larger, but I have no reader with me so I will check that the files are OK tomorrow.

And that`s about it for now. I need to figure out how to get SalvageS10 over to the neighbor`s yard for tomorrow morning, and back to my yard afterward. The motor and transmission are part of the frame ... can I move the truck after they are gone without adding some braces to replace the motor and transmission?