View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
02ws6
EcoModding Apprentice

I guess this thread will go on for another year before this damn car will run.. This has definately been a one step forward, two steps back kind of ordeal..

I did get the new heater core in along with all new foam and everything cleaned up.. Got all the other boxes in and cleaned and spent alot of time cleaning the evaporator since it had alot of crud in there.. New expansion valve went in with all this as well.. Pretty happy with this part of the weekend..

Also got the rest if the brake parts earlier in the week and got my new rotors cut.. If you think brand new rotors are perfectly round, think again.. This also makes them last longer. My brother cut them at the shop he works at so no cost to me..

The chiltons manual Ive been using for the wiring is not nearly as detailed as some of the other diagrams Ive seen. I switched to begin using the one off crxmpg.com since it had the details of the braided wire on the O2 sensor but the wires on the diagram dont match from wire to wire at the 02 sensor plug that I have plugged into my factory VX harness... Gonna talk to a honda tech next week and see where to go.. I do think that diagram from crxmpg.com is spot on though. I just think that I may have an aftermarket l1h1 sensor and maybe those guys didn't care what color went where when they put them together....

Been playing with these beamer wheels I picked up.. I think imma make the rest of them look like the one on the left and bolt them on the daily to see how I like them I think it came out good..

Took the capet out the car and went to the carwash to clean it.. It actually wasnt too bad. I can tell by the multiple broken clips on the rocker panels that someone has had it out before though.. After the car wash, I went to lunch and let the car sit in the parking lot with the carpet on the daily.. lol

Then went from this

And started on this

I finished that up earlier tonight then cleaned up and went home.. Im not too worried about cleaning that stuff down to the paint since Ill be installing the home depot flashing/sound deadner next weekend. That tar paper that the factory uses is garbage and after absorbing different junk for over 20 years the smell in the trash bag was quite repulsive after. It had just stale old car smell along with a slight hint of piss.. lol.. Very glad thats out of there..

I enjoy working on cars as a hobby but I really want to finish this thing up so i can see the results.. I guess im just impatient and this thing taking my weekends up gets old too.. Hope you other guys havent had as much trouble doing the same thing Im trying..