View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #78 (permalink)
eco_generator
AeroGuy

Outback 14 - '14 Subaru Outback Limited
90 day: 23.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundogjax View Post
IAD (It all depends)
Exactly. It was a nice article, but it's pretty dogmatic in most parts of it. But he is trying to get a point across to hard-headed people in "typical" situations. So I understand why he says things the way he does, I just don't take it personal because he is not talking to me per-se.

The principal that applies across the board is reduce consumption. With money matters you have 2 options... make more or spend less. A happier life tends to come from spending less and having your priorities straight.

And on a side note, I love his skewed perception from white/wealth privilege. Go tell a kid from the hood or trailer park, just go find a job that allows you to contribute the max to your 401k (which is now $17k/year) righhhht... . It's not impossible, but some people will never realistically have a chance to have that much disposable income and might be doing good to make that much. Not to mention what they would do with the funds chosen in that 401k and what happens with the next major market hiccup.