View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #52 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Ben, my goal this year is to have this motorcycle done by this weekend so I can hopefully get it to a friend of mine who has a truck that he's driving to the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair, because the vehicle I'm taking is already full of electric car and camping gear.

I haven't had any issue with the pre made battery cables, I have a bunch of them as battery interconnects on my commuti-car and they are holding up well and sure I can make my own cables, but striping 2/0 welding cable without the ends fraying, crimping the lugs and heat shrinking all takes time and tools, I want someone else to be able to build this motorcycle without a lathe, a mill, or a crimping tool if possible.

I also ended up getting an inner tube for my flat tire and a front brake master cylinder in exchange for replacing some rotten wood on the motorcycle shop owners house! no need to exchange any money! now with luck I'll have enough time to finish everything tomorrow, of course nothing goes as planned, at that point I should be able to roll the motorcycle out of the corner of the shop where I can take some half way decent photos of it.