View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 04:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
getnpsi
EcoModding Apprentice

Red Egg - '95 Ford Aspire
90 day: 38.51 mpg (US)

Dodge SRT-4 - '04 Dodge Neon SRT-4 2.4L Turbo
90 day: 26.24 mpg (US)
Its on the car and running. Either I have leaky injectors or there are 2 grounds to the multipinned plug over there. I can hold the switch down and the car almost dies and just about when it does it stumbles back to life. I need to get the book out and see if there are 2 grounds in that part of the harness, or if its picking up a "semi ground," like in blinkers that alternate on some cars, where the ground wire becomes the parking light...if that makes sense. Anyway i mounted the switch on the console near the shifter and can hold it down below the 1500rpm and let go when I press in the clutch right before im stopped permitting the engine to stay alive. We will see if the addition of the switch combined with myself being so much more aware of decel benefits will help the mpg's. Anyway sucess, no check engines or anything else that i was scared of.

Oh wow I wasnt aware the item came with a relay? That would make everything very simple. Anyway it's working as-is so I can expand on it being totally confident.

Last edited by getnpsi; 06-04-2008 at 04:41 AM..