Thread: Hello ALL!
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
zxtuner
EcoModding Lurker

6th gen accord - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 38.97 mpg (US)
Hello ALL!

I am new here. I've lerked once or twice in the past but never thought slow driving was for me

Well a few details later and I have a 99 SVT Contour and my heavy right foot and the need to go faster than the next guy, well make this thing drink gas like a fish drinking water. That lead me to my next thought was how much could I improve my mileage with just a scangauge II? So that is my goal is to attain 30mpg average whether or not its mixed or highway I will be happy.

I have been reading on hypermiling and going slow is alot let frantic and stressful just to stick to the right lane and putz along. One thing I have found is that my commute home is about 60% stop and go. No changing that so I enjoy getting behind semis because I can leave 3-4 car lenghts and no one cuts in front of me (because who wants to get stuck behind a semi ) I mostly started this because my car is a 5 speed and I hate clutching in and out in traffic so I avoid it by finding one of these guys.

Anyway that's enough rambeling for today. Happy to be here and look foward to seeing if I can attian my goal,

Happy Driving,

Jon

Last edited by zxtuner; 06-08-2012 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: I really can't spell correctly LOL