View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
vskid3
Master EcoModder
 
vskid3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 962

Civic DX (sold) - '97 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 34.15 mpg (US)

GTO (sold) - '04 Pontiac GTO
90 day: 22.62 mpg (US)

Green Brick (sold) - '06 Ford Escape Hybrid
90 day: 31.93 mpg (US)
Thanks: 189
Thanked 301 Times in 215 Posts
I'm back home for a few weeks and got to drive it. Filled it up when I got home, 29.5MPG with my wife driving is for about 80% of the time (me the other 20%), about 50/50 city/hwy. So not too shabby, about average compared to the others on Fuelly. I've been the only driver the last few days, about 30% city, even going 75MPH with the AC on for about 30 miles, it got 36.2MPG. I had a cardboard grille block slapped over most of the upper grille for that tank.
I see the Escape Hybrid as being a great option for someone that needs the size of an SUV, especially a hypermiler. I can go up to about half a mile in EV mode going about 25MPH. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. Can't wait to do some mods.
  Reply With Quote