View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
I'm back home for a few weeks and got to drive it. Filled it up when I got home, 29.5MPG with my wife driving is for about 80% of the time (me the other 20%), about 50/50 city/hwy. So not too shabby, about average compared to the others on Fuelly. I've been the only driver the last few days, about 30% city, even going 75MPH with the AC on for about 30 miles, it got 36.2MPG. I had a cardboard grille block slapped over most of the upper grille for that tank.
I see the Escape Hybrid as being a great option for someone that needs the size of an SUV, especially a hypermiler. I can go up to about half a mile in EV mode going about 25MPH. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. Can't wait to do some mods.
Your main post had me seriously cracking up. No one else in my family approves of eco mods. "You work, and have a job, spend some money on fuel"

I know my better half will do the same, she currently has the base model of the 2008 Escape. I filled her tires for her before a trip, 400+ miles, and she didn't understand how she got there on one tank lol

I hope it all goes well for you.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.