Thread: Hello ALL!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxtuner View Post
I am still figuring out at what rpm I need to be in and low I can recover it without opening throttle too much for second and third gear. I have tried the pulse and glide I think it is and that will require some (more like a lot of) fine tuning to get the distance right.
I don't really do the first gear thing. My baby doesn't like starting in second, so I start in first and go right to third or fourth. Sometimes, depending on my mood or if I have someone being rude, I'll take it to four or five thousand and pop right to fifth or sixth.

If you do well to study the hyper miling guidelines and are conscious of your vehicle and habits, the scan gauge isn't really the best money spent. I mean I am about to buy mine, but if you want a physical improvement in mileage that will apply no matter the driver, no matter the effort, the gauge isn't the best.

But for a long term investment to better yourself, then it appears to be a good buy. Easy cheap things are wheel covers, either pizza pans or clear tape, a grill block, and then it varies. Depends how you want your vehicle to look, and how much work you want to do. Belly pan, mirror and handle or badge deletes.

But you will learn all that here, and very true about the people here, everyone is very nice. Even disagreeing, it's very sensible and constructive. Glad to have you join! Being an SVT, I think you qualify to join the Sports car group, especially if you plan to be here for a while and are tracking your mileage. Theres no real rules, we basically just track our mileage as a group. I'm still very new, so I don't know a whole lot lol

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.