View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #71 (permalink)
pete c
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealii View Post
well i know today because of hypermiling it saved me from hitting a deer. i was going 35mph dis morning were a 2 lane road split into a 4 lane road and increased to 55mph beings i did not feel like wasting fuel speeding up for 3 secs just to turn i stayed at 35 then a deer jumped out and i was going slow enough to use the brakes and just have the deer's hind legs jumping over the hood of my zx2. I'm loving hypermiling more and more everyday.
Nahhh, it nearly got you in an accident and scared the hell outta that poor deer.

You should have been driving like a mainiac, that way you would have been past that spot well before the deer crossed.

Also, there is the fact that deer are incredibly stupid when it comes to crossing roads. Odds are that that same deer will eventually punch his own ticket someday in the future, but, he will be bigger and cause worse damage.

You should feel ashamed of yourself for not taking that damn thing out!!!!

Sure wish somebody else had whacked that damn buck that jumped in front of me last fall on my way to work. He did a pretty nice job to the front of my ranger. Oh, and BTW, I was EonCoasting to a stop sign when he pounced, so, I guess I was hypermiling.