View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #104 (permalink)
nerdboy
EcoModding Lurker

Transports Quebec decided to do a little roadwork and create a detour that wasn't in the instructions, so I parked at the end of the detour and made sure that everyone found their way back on route, and gave them an extra 4 minutes to compensate. Here we have a nice mix of vehicles: the first Prius-C that I've seen in the flesh, a Smart running on biodiesel, and my Levin.

Same spot, here's the FrankenJetta and more Smarts. I have to add that the FrankenJetta received a LOT of attention throughout the weekend. There are surely more videos and photos of it than of any supercar here during the F1 weekend. Driving back to my place in a convoy after the event, we totally affected traffic by rubberneckers checking out the UFO and especially the Jetta. Everyone had their smartphone out taking pics 'n vids.

And here's echo-francis' duck-billed Echosaurus blocking the evil gas guzzling SUV's path. I love the fact that NDP election campaign posters were used to make the mods. Green Party ones might have been even more eco-friendly, but they're smaller and scarcer.

And the winner is!