View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #74 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete c View Post
If you are going to quote someone, use the entire quote.
No. I do this for clarity and to avoid messes like this one here (I could have quoted the whole thread, but that would bog things down even more). It comes in handy when addressing a specific point and helps reduce clutter.

Anyway, let me get this straight. Society banded together and elected people to set rules, some of which are speed limits. Now I owe it to society to break those rules even though area law enforcement treats speeding like it's the number one threat to public safety?

I do exceed the posted limit, but not by as much as I used to. Another part of the enjoyment with hypermiling is that I can focus more on actual driving and less on scanning for threats. EOCing past a traffic stop that blew by me me five minutes ago is just gravy. But politeness and smooth traffic flow notwithstanding, how much gasoline do I owe anyone and why do I not have the right to remain in compliance with the law? It's not that I'm always below the limit and there are many places where doing it is unreasonable, but not everybody does what we want them to all of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%