Thread: What's Up?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
I just got an 07 Civic Sedan to be my family car and decided to see how many mpg I can get out of it.

After reading a few tips on here, mostly about driving techniques, my first average came out to 39.1 mpg!

My tires are currently at 40psi but, after reading some more tips, I decided I'm going to inflate them to sidewall max. When these tires wear out I wanna' get 195/60-16 LRR tires and when its time to change my oil I'm going to use 0w-20.

I doubt I'll do much more than that to the Civic, of course that could change in a heartbeat because I love to tinker and I'm kinda' impulsive.

I also have an 05 Chevy Colorado that could definitely use some help so it'll probably end up on here sooner or later too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMichler View Post
The Colorado can do quite well if you do your part.

I've always found the Colorado/Canyon to be very attractive. The flared wheel arches look great, it really gives it an off road/aggressive look. Although FE (fuel economy) wise, it may just create more drag. But if you work on it, you can make a huge difference on your mileage with either, adjusting driving habits, OR modding your vehicles. And doing both, well, can get crazy results. It's a bit extreme in my opinion to try this on a real nice, new car, but check out the Aero Civic. That is a beast, whether thinking about FE or performance.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.