View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #83 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobAziza View Post
Anyway, now that we are all in agreement about 1) not going above the speed limit, and 2) being courteous to other drivers, I'd like to thank yall for a good internet debate, and wish everyone safe travels.
On board with this.

I do not mean to give the impression that because I often drive under the limit I am not paying attention to those behind me, or getting in anyone's way. When there is no opportunity for others to pass, I maintain the limit to 5 mph under (and of course my speedo reads 2-3 mph low like all of them do). I often drive that way to time the lights as not stopping is more important to me than going slow. In fact, if I know a light sequence will catch me if I drive the limit or less, I will slight exceed the limit if I can catch the light.

But if people get annoyed because I approach a red light slowly, both in an effort to better use my momentum and to keep some speed if the light turns, I have no sympathy. They can either pass me unsafely and waste fuel, or not pass me and thank me later for saving them fuel.