View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #56 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
My parents drive way has a big ditch in it to keep it from washing out and I road over that a few time and the fender does hit at that point so I agree with cutting the fender, so that is on the list, but I'm pretty sure that if the front forks bottom out that the tire will not hit the battery box, to test this I'm going to ratchet strap the front suspension to compress it 100% to the point that it would bottom out if you hit a speed bump at high speeds.
The space under the seat is not large enough for a 6v golf cart battery, the frame of the motorcycle gets in the way, height is around 9" in that space and the batteries are around 10" tall, closer to 11" if you want space to water them, so after I took the photos I installed the battery charger in that space, the DC to DC converter will most likely also live in there, then the side covers will cover it up.
In the test fitting the gas tank seemed to fit, aside from the fuel petcock, the gas tank I have needs to be cleaned out and outside of it scrubbed down, but I think it will otherwise fit and make the motorcycle look more "normal" without any cutting on the tank, I'm tempted however to look for a rusted out gas tank to install and trade my good gas tank to someone who needs it, I also don't need that gas tank to cover up anything other then maybe work as cord storage.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryland For This Useful Post:
Christ (06-12-2012)