View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #91 (permalink)
jousai7
EcoModding Lurker

InsertUniqueName - '07 Toyota Yaris sport

SaturnMPGbeater - '02 Chevy cobalt
Team Saturn
90 day: 47.82 mpg (US)
Do what? So old people who walk slow should sit down and wait for everyone to go by until its clear? People with children should wait to use bathroom until there is an opening? And coupon people should hold off until all the non-coupon users are done? People who are bleeding profusely should wait for the people with a stomach virus in the ER because they got there first?

Seriously, its a public road. The posted speed limit is supposed to be the MAX speed. Just because the majority of people blatantly ignore this and feel you should get out of their way doesn't make them right.

I do like analogies so here goes:

"This is like when a guy gets a DUI and they blame the bar for giving him to many"

"Guns kill people" - no people kill people with guns.

"and some people who smoke think they have the right to do it anywhere regardless of it being harmful and reckless" - this might be a stretch as I don't think smokers are all like that, but its the mindset i'm getting at.

I don't care if 99% of people are shooting heroin because its what your supposed to do. Its not. So IF im doing 55mph in a 55mph zone. Let them pile up. Ill try to break a record of the longest line of impatient, ignorant people who think the have more rights than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
I do not think anybody has a right to drive below the posted speed limit(weather permitting) if they are holding back other drivers. Pull over let everyone pass you,show some road manners,its not all about your gas mileage, its about getting good mpg not being a turd on the road to get it. It just shows incompetency and causes undue stress to other commuters.

The pessimist says “The glass is half empty,” the optimist says “The glass is half full,” and the minimalist says “We’ve got about twice as much glass as we need here.”