View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Wow, that cardboard Kammy looks great!

I'd go with coroplast in the short term. It's relatively easy to cut and bend, but won't allow compound shapes, or at least they will be very tricky. On the other hand, you probably won't need compound shapes if the Kammback isn't too long.

Coroplast is what I made mine out of (see my mod thread) and it works great. The only thing I'd change is to make the bend rounder, ie larger radius, but that's a detail which probably doesn't make too much of a difference. Also, everyone warned me that paint won't stick to the polypropylene, but it's only flaking in a few small places after three years of parking outside year-round.

If this is a short-term project, then go with the coroplast. After a few months you'll see what to change in the final version (for which I recommend glass-fiber) when you finally go about making it.

Oh, and two suggestions:
  • I've read that closing the rear wall of the Kammback is better. I think someone here even tested it? If you use a piece of clear plastic to allow rear visability, then you can fold you passenger side mirror.
  • Get rid of the front mud flaps!!!!

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread