View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
BHarvey
Master EcoModder

Sweetie - '11 Hyundai Sonata GLS
90 day: 39.35 mpg (US)

My Miles - '03 Combo GLS/KLX/Ninja
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)

Sipper' - '04 Kawasaki Ninja 250
90 day: 74.98 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minispeed View Post
Thanks for the advice, kinda off the topic but your fuel log on the manual sonata was one of the reasons I went with the Optima. It showed me that it is possible to beat the EPA. Which wheel and tire combo are you using?
Stock wheels (16x6.5) and tires (Kumho KH25 205-65-16).

I haven't seen any current Kumho rated in comparisons but the ones I have seen are not rated well compared to the top LRR tires so this makes me yearn for some REAL efficient tires with a low RR.

I do however have 30,800 miles on them and here is what I can say.
They seem to coast pretty well, are quiet on smooth pavement, a little loud on bad pavement, have good grip wet or dry and has been the best rain tire I have ever used. You would never notice puddles or even small lakes. It would just slice right through with no steering input.

Now that tread is half of new, it shows a preference for wherever the deeper water is and you get the 'slowing' effect when you hit thicker areas.

Closing on 2 years with this car, and STILL have not decided which tire to get for replacement when the time comes...