View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #165 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsemple View Post
OK I am doing the engine kill switch, I don't think I will use the clutch pedal to kill the engine as sometimes when I come to a stop I need the clutch pedal...

So i've decided to mount a switch on my shifter knob.

Now, for killing the engine, I was going to use the injection system, but since I have a fuel vaporizer system on my PCV system, the engine will still be getting a fuel source and possibly running. So, I would like to use the camshaft position sensor. The Fuel pump sounds like it might give a delay to my kill / restarting operation.

my Car is 1993 Honda Civic Si, and I've only found a Crank position sensor which is inside of the distributor, according to autozone, and the USDM.

I am not sure if this would do the same thing,. I don't want to damage the engine. Is it ok to open this circuit ?? And, should I Momentarily open this circuit using a Momentary switch (and a relay), or do I need to keep it open using a non-momentary switch ?

Thanks I will be waiting for some answers.
I'm fairly certain your car being a 93 civic won't get fuel if you inturrupt the black ground wire that supplies the main relay. That stops the fuel pump and the fuel injectors from getting a signal from the ecu to fire. I did this same setup on my 92 civic, should be the same.