View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #233 (permalink)
Ken Fry
A Legend in his Own Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
I hope it works fine for you Doug. Even if it does not, you have persevered and PRODUCED something, which is much more than most will ever attempt.
Indeed.

Kudos, too, to the people who have contributed comments and suggestions.
If I recall, both Frank and Pete made comments on the Zing thread that could be considered "negative." For me, those are the most valuable comments, and in neither case did I feel "picked on" : just the fact that they took time to comment is worth a lot to me, and they both expressed valid concerns. I don't recall anyone who responded to my thread as being mean-spirited in any way, shape, or form. The tone in most threads here at ecomodder is supportive of all sorts of builds and mods (with the possible exception of some of the stuff that show up in the unicorn corral). This thread, however, seems acrimonious.

Kudos, especially, to Neil who has been very patient in explaining aerodynamics, in spite of responses to him from Doug that could be interpreted as rude or dismissive. Neil has built his own huge CNC milling machine which he will use in the construction of his car. He's no armchair quarterback. His may be a more thoughtful and reasoned (and obviously slower) approach than Doug's, but that doesn't make it less valid than the "throw it together and see if it flies" approach.

Plenty of room for all sorts of different approaches. Plenty of room for tact. Kudos to Doug for clarifying the mission of the thread. He'd initially solicited comments of any sort, but then later clarified that he wanted only comments of a non-engineering nature. I think he was thinking oF it as more of a show-and-tell about his project, rather than as a discussion.

Kudos to Doug for building this cool vehicle.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ken Fry For This Useful Post:
ballo (06-19-2012), Diesel_Dave (06-18-2012), Frank Lee (06-18-2012), NachtRitter (06-20-2012), pete c (06-18-2012), user removed (06-18-2012)