View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #168 (permalink)
lsemple
looking to get 100mpg

Si Civic - '93 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 41.16 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen707 View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong fellow ecomodders, but the fuel vapor you're referring to is not going to keep the engine running. The amount of vapor is so minute, that when you shut the injectors off, the engine shuts off.
also,

"I'm fairly certain your car being a 93 civic won't get fuel if you inturrupt the black ground wire that supplies the main relay. That stops the fuel pump and the fuel injectors from getting a signal from the ecu to fire. I did this same setup on my 92 civic, should be the same."

OK perfect, I think you are right about this one, I just like to be absolutely sure about things before I go and start working away and wasting time.

So there is a relay under the hood of my car called "ECU", is it ok to interupt this relay like you said via the "black ground wire", or amy I thinking of the wrong system ?

Thanks again for your help.

Also, second question, why don't people just interupt the wires leading to the ignition on the steering wheel? I had a look at them they are fairly heavy guage, but with a big enough relay and long wire, it could be done.

so,