View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #172 (permalink)
lsemple
looking to get 100mpg

Si Civic - '93 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 41.16 mpg (US)
"You need to push the clutch almost all the way down to start the car, as it has a clutch safety switch so you don't start the car in gear. Your setup may make the car unstartable from a stop unless you disable the new clutch engine kill switch with your rocker switch."

An integral part of the circuit will be that when the circuit is "on" the system that prevents the car from starting in gear will be bypassed (car will be able to start in gear).

It will be restored when the engine kill system is set to the "disabled" position. (2nd on position of toggle switch)

when the engine kill system is set to "OFF" (center position of the on-off-on sw.) nothing will work, car wont start ect. and it will be a theft prevention device then.

"I know it sounds nice to use your clutch foot to shut the engine off, but I prefer the button on the shifter.[/QUOTE]"

well I am going to try it :S.. and I will let you know soon how I like it.

if I don't I've already made up a gear shifter with a normally closed push button on it.

good thing is I am incorporating the toggle switch to change the entire setup so everything is back to normal.

but to start the car when my system is on, I will have to either keep it in neutral, or keep the clutch pressed 3/4 of the way down so the Main Relay doesn't get shut off.

I almost want to put an LED on the system so I know when the clutch button is being pressed.

lots of ideas here. when I am done I will report my progress.