View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #173 (permalink)
lsemple
looking to get 100mpg

Si Civic - '93 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 41.16 mpg (US)
OK new Idea;

deleting the 2p2t switch which allows me to enable or disable my clutch-engine-kill system.

Instead I am going to use a relay, with 2 N/O and N/C contacts. (DPDT relay)

when the car engine is running, the relay tells the clutch pedal switch to be used as an engine kill mechanism.

when the car engine is not running, the relay tells the clutch pedal switch to prevent the engine from starting unless the clutch is pressed.

simple.

now when the car engine is off I can re-start it easily, incase I get stuck at a light and accidently press the clutch all the way down.

I wonder if there would be a way to detect if the car is at a stop [not rolling] or not, I could use this to make it so that if this is the case, then my circuit would also be off, which means that the relay tells the clutch pedal switch to prevent the engine from starting unless the clutch is pressed. (back to normal).

So the only time the clutch pedal swithc works as a engine kill is A) when the car is rolling AND B) when the car engine is running. If either of those two events happen then the clutch pedal switch will return back to normal operation.

Thoughts ?