View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
bobo333
EcoModding Apprentice

F Truck - '77 Ford F100 2x4, single cab, lwb
90 day: 8.75 mpg (US)

Bombodore - '98 Holden Commodore Exec Wagon
90 day: 21.35 mpg (US)

Civic - '93 Honda Civic GL
90 day: 36.62 mpg (US)

Jim The Prius - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 36.66 mpg (US)
Hey guys,

i did more work :P

now that ive driven around with the dash in for a while i have found a few things that need to be changed around when i remake the prototype into the final version, so here it goes...

first i traced the prototype onto some 9mm mdf, then cleaned up the wobbly edges and fixed a few dimentional errors (i didnt cut it very carefully on the proto)

then i started cutting out the appropriate holes, im adding a pocket under the head unit for various bits and bobs and also moved the volt gauges to make more room for the switches i need to run everything:

and here it is (obviously i still need to redo the guage cluster):

then i gave it a quick coat of black paint so it doesnt look too bad till i get the material to trim it:

here is the radio/switch section in the car, fits much better now:

and here is the design for the switch panel that goes above the radio, it will be cnc cut out of 6mm perspex and edge lit with LEDs so i can still tell what the switches are for at night:

Ive also been thinking about aero for a while and people seem to have a bit of luck with air dams on pickups, so i am thinking about making a new front bumper similar to this:

The bottom of it will be level with the bottom of the suspension arms so as to not increase FA and will probably house the fog lights that are currently on top of the bumper, then il add my spot lights where the fogs currently are. Thoughts?

Thanks for looking

(Posted in 2020) 2009 Prius Off Road project: https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ide-38366.html

(Posted in 2012) 1977 F100 Project: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post310326