View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #751 (permalink)
Stiive
EcoModding Lurker

Hey guys,
first post on this forum, just registered to subscribe to this thread - seems a lot of people working on AC motor controller, this is good. Over the past days I read through this whole thread.

I am also working on a 3-phase DTC controller. Hope to finalise my PCB this week. I will prob make a video about my progress thus far, I have been working on it for about 2 months.
My build is not aimed to be the cheapest method, but hopefully an extremely reliable, safe top range build. Therefore I have decided to use Semikron products. I will probably release the hardware schematics once I'm done and its tested.

FYI nlc, you may consider the Semikron SkyperPro32, it is top of the line 15A max gate driver and includes its own isolation with short circuit/UV/OV protection. Also includes soft turn-off, adjustable deadtime control , HLS and much more. I also read you are concerned of auto-commutation, but these turn off at -7V so is not an issue. I am using these modules for my build, but they are expensive. They also include the open-source schematic if you wish to build one yourself.
I cant post the datasheet because I am a new member, but you can find it on the Semikron website or farnell/element14

Regards,
Stiive

The Following User Says Thank You to Stiive For This Useful Post:
evimarn (07-09-2012)