View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Just to put a bit more detail into that drive specifically...

I live in a dry area. The heat was around 90 or so that day. Engine ran anywhere from 188-204*F, intake temps hung around 120-132*F. Shifting anywhere from 1.5K to 3K with decent throttle (LOD on my scan gauge doesn't work on this car, for some reason... idles at 3 and tops around 34, I'm guessing 80-90% load most acceleration).

In city, I tried to glide to stops the best I could, but stop lights are rather unpredictable, as well as I rarely drive that area and am not too familiar with it. For Highway, I used Pulse and Glide. There are a LOT of hills. In fact, I don't think there is more than a few miles out of the ~40 I traveled on the highway that were flat! I tried to glide uphills as much as possible. Typically, to 60 and glide, pulse from 45 and up. I did hit 65-70 a few times coming down the hills right before hitting the ups.

No tires were more than 42psi, as they are a mixed bag of old, crusty to no-name cheapies. That will change very soon. I'm also using premium 91 octane fuel. Since this is my first engine rebuild, as well as higher compression, I wanted to start there and slowly drop the octane level and see how it responds. I doubt I can run regular, but I want to see if I can drop my octane requirement.

Anywho, thanx for the comments. I can't wait to throw on some good rubbers and get rolling on the aeromods!