View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #111 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbywan View Post
OK, that makes sense. 3.42 sounds low to me but I'm sure you know your stuff. I have a question for you if I may. Where do I go here in Tucson to get my Class C weighed? Do they have weigh stations at some truck stops?

Nationally repeatable results on weight = CAT Scale Search

$10 approximately for first weigh, then $1 for each re-weigh that day. In setting up trailer hitch rigging we may run across the scale several times.

I think the site linked above has instructions on how to use their equipment. PM me with any questions if they don't. It is essentially a matter of having the different axles on each of the three pads.

An "empty" weight (adjusted) is with driver, full fuel, full fresh water and propane plus items always aboard. A "full" weight is with all passengers, gear, supplies, etc. That is the one where I'd do individual wheel position weights to look for FF-RR or side-side discrepancies to be able to dial in tire pressure: instead of an axle average, use the position with the highest weight (with respect to vehicle manufacturer instructions / pressure range).

Capriracer has instructions on his site about pressure rise measurements to dial things in. Load versus pressure is the mantra for trucks of any size.

The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
orbywan (07-02-2012)