View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
3n3rgystar
EcoModding Lurker

Silver Bullet - '92 Nissan Sentra XE
90 day: 37.59 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipper View Post
You guys are forgetting that it is an 8000 lb truck. I have a tuner, intake and a 4" turbo back exhaust. While drafting behind a semi trailer (very close) on a patch of interstate at 65mph, I was able to get a hand calculated 20.5 mpg. Now you are going to try and tell me that he is getting another 12 mpg better than that???
Also the fact that it's a 7.3l, not the more efficient 6.0l.
Not even with a rocket strapped to the back of it.
Using the same logic I had a Geo Metro that only got 35mpg, there are people reporting twice as much as that here, well over 12 mpg better, so because my particular Geo Metro did not get it, then it is not possible they are getting what they claim either. Despite all the mods that they made. I have a 1.6l engine that gets better efficiency than the 1.0L engine that I had, yet again not possible because of the larger displacement? Is it also possible that his mods where installed in a more perfect manor and your mods where installed and created an error of some type. For instance I have taken a car to two different mechanics and one screws it up then take to another he fixes the mistakes of the first mechanic and the original mechanical problems as well. Yet the first mechanic has certifications to show he is a high level mechanic, but is incompetent in reality. The second mechanic has no paperwork stating his abilities, but obviously has more talent than the first.

Also might want to take into account what type of terrain and roads we are talking about. I could get much better fuel economy on certain highways that where flat going to the beach vs. say going to the mountains.