Thread: Reintroduction
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Nope. It doesn't have that problem. I first drove a retnal 2000 Neon with a 3 speed automatic. I liked the way it handled and rode, but there was no way I'd have one without a stickshift. All the difference in the world. I don't suggest others do it, but I do know the little beast will peg the speedo in 4th and 5th. I bought the car when gas first hit $2/gal in 2003. Believe it or not, buying Neon and the associated insurance and of course fuel, was $100 a month cheaper than driving my F150 155 miles roundtrip 5 times a week... If I could have had cruise control WITHOUT all the other junk, I would have loved it. But I've got about 72,000 miles on it and I can't imagine not having this in my driveway. My son has been using it the last couple years, but he should have his Ranger when he goes back to college in the fall.

I still drive the ZJ, but my daughter is using it too until I get her Cherokee fixed (again). She got backed into again and undid the repair I'd done before. Darnit. This time I need a full nose panel and drivers fender. And build a solid bumper that idiots won't be able to ignore... She'll take that to college next fall...

But no. The S'Crew won't get a fuel log...