View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #5782 (permalink)
Crossdan
EcoModding Lurker

Hi,
I have a couple of what i think are basic questions about the Open Revolt. I purchased the kit from Paul & Sabrina a while back and finally (after spending a lot of time getting a big motor into a little Metro) got around to mating the control board with the power board. I'm doing some bench tests and it doesn't seem like the main contactor lead ever puts out the 12 volts. My tests so far have included powering the controller board with a 12v supply on J1 bottom 2 leads and attaching a 12v wheel chair motor/batteries. When I turn it on both LEDS are on, when I turn the pot the motor spins for a second and cuts out and one of the LEDS blinks. I think this is right since the controller probably isn't getting enough amperage feedback and turns off to save itself. However, at no time during all this does the top lead on J1 read 12v.
Is the top lead of J1 for the main contactor control?
Am I correct on why the motor cuts out after a second?

I do get data from a serial connection using Moserial, I can post data if that would help. Also, does anyone know where I can download RTD Explore? The links I've found all give me an Apple error message saying MobileMe has been discontinued.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan