View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #424 (permalink)
MN Driver
2000 Honda Insight

Hey, you mentioned me, cool. It was great to meet you at the Stevens Point MREA energy expo. I asked all the question that I wanted to ask but am still curious about the 'maximum sustainable lean-burn speed'. It's perplexing to me that you haven't tested this but I don't blame you as you do have your goals. I keep remembering back to my trip that I took from Rapid City, SD to where I live nearby Minneapolis, MN. 630 miles and got 73mpg holding lean-burn the entire time at the maximum speed that lean-burn allowed which on the flat was around 70mph and any uphill it went down but downhills I could get the maximum speed to hit the PSL of 75mph in SD with the ability to exceed the PSL but of course I don't exceed the speed limit as there are 'enforcers' who probably patrol the web. I had another driver drive the car and LB runs in 5th gear up to 78mph before the RPM is too high and it kicks out at any TPS and LOD value on my scanguage so that's the top speed that I'd ever drive if I drove in TX with the highest speed limits in the nation that exceed the 78mph point. Either way I'll remain curious and hope that you test higher speeds, if not just the interstate PSL in WI for what MPG you'd get. ...anyway do what you wish but I drive cross country and the curiosity tortures this cat.