View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #5791 (permalink)
electricstorm
EcoModding Lurker

I too am bench testing my Revolt controller. I have not started building the power board yet. I wondered why the contactor wire never went to 12 volts. Thanks Paul for clearing that up!

When I power up the board, both led's light up solid, but the yellow one flashes when the throttle is pressed because of zero current. I need to set up the voltage divider network mentioned earlier in this thread.

I loaded RTD Explorer onto an old Windows XP system because it had an RS-232 port, but when I tried to install RTD Explorer, it says it neede to download Microsoft .NET framework. This computer is not currently hooked up to the internet so I need to get it connected I guess. Until then, is there anything else I can check without the power board and RTD Explorer? I just want to get as much done as possible till I get the power board put together.

Oh yeah, I read somewhere that you need a heavy duty soldering iron to solder some of the parts on the power board. I have a 225 watt iron. Is this heavy enough?

Jim