View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #148 (permalink)
Coyote X
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
I am at 25628 if you want to see how far away I am. I am really hoping to have the framing done on the car by next weekend so I can start assembling the car and have it on the road by fall.

If I get it done in time I will most likely just drive it as a gas only car over the winter and once the weather gets nicer out start working on the new hybrid system. Just a quick looking around found this system: ThunderStruck Motors - AC-50 Kit I have no idea if that is a good price but it seems like it would have enough power to get me going at a good speed.

I need to dig around and see if I can find a decent battery setup other than lead this time as well. It will probably be this winter before I am ready to buy anything so I have plenty of time to look around. If I am going to be putting out that kind of power in the car I will really have to build a good connection to the engine. I might try to get the aluminum welding stuff together and see how hard it is to weld on a transmission case. I might be able to do something simple like cut a hole in it and add another gear to the final drive for the electric motor.