View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
spitfire9703
EcoModding Lurker

The Honda - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 37.12 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to spitfire9703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Every car I have owned has gone up in value while I owned it, if I subtract gas from the cost of owning my current civic but include all the parts I've put in it I could sell it and come out ahead, same with every motorcycle I've owned, my crx, my electric car, even the Tomos scooter that I bought brand new are currently selling for more then I paid (discontinued model), but part of that is that some of us looked ahead and felt that a car should get good gas mileage no matter the price of gas so we bought them when the price was low, now is NOT the time to "invest" in a car that gets good mileage, 2-5 years ago was the time, in the last 4-5 years the value of electric cars like mine have gone up but nearly ten times, value of a metro has doubled or tripled, value of my civic has more then doubled in the 3 years and 50,000 miles I've owned it.

I would say you are lucky and smart. Most people can only hope to come even when buying and selling cars. The market shift is a big help though for those wanting to sell fuel efficient cars, but the problem is people don't want to sell them. Which is another factor in the sky high prices.