View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #184 (permalink)
Varn
Do more with less

OD - '05 Ford Econoline
90 day: 18.64 mpg (US)

Joetta - '86 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Oil Burner
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.71 mpg (US)

Benzilla - '85 Mercedes Benz 300D
90 day: 28.08 mpg (US)
Our bike has only been used for racing and is ridden by professional riders. It has been 66 mph in a straight line with good wind conditions and 50 mph for an hour in some bad wind.

What has been your experience fefrie and redyaris? You both make points in opposition to what I said so please share your actual experience before you take down my statement of fact. Do you race a Bonneville in the wind?

I don't think I would be fun to be riding a fully enclosed motorcycle on a windy day. You guys be careful in the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefrie View Post
The other thing to remember is that a motorcycle will travel much faster than a bicycle, so that most side winds won't interact with a motorcycle at a perpendicular angle, but rather at an angle more akin to a headwind.

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe.

The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed.”

Noah Webster, 1787