View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #5805 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by type2teach View Post
Got my '79 VW bus back on the road today. I'm using Paul's controller. I *was* using a Ke**Y controller and had two of those die on me. I learned my lesson.
Forgive me if the answer is an easy one, but I can't figure out what RTD explorer is used for. I know it can give me real time *info* on the controller, but can it change any parameters? The controller must come programmed with a *stock* setup, but can I change that?
I feel like I was getting better performance from my Ke**y controllers before they died, and I'm wondering if I just need to make some adjustments to the controller.
I've watched some Youtube videos on the software, but none of them answered my questions and sorta went over my head. I'm not a programmer, but I can follow directions really well. I've also read a couple dozen posts in this thread, but they are hard to follow because I can't find the beginnings of the conversations.
Here's my setup:
'79 VW bus
120v pack (20 6v golf cart batteries)
direct drive coupler to the tranny

Can anyone help me out here? or at least point me in the right direction?
Thanks so much!
Joel in Philly
*edit*
I just installed the software, hooked the laptop up to my controller and nothing. Well, I got a red line at "0". I tried blipping the throttle and nothing showed up on the display. Then I turned the van on, put her in neutral and blipped the throttle again. The motor went "vroom" for a second, but nothing showed on the display on my laptop.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a "how to set up your controller with RTD" thread?
*edit #2*
Never mind, there IS a thread about setting up your controller.
Yes, RTD Explorer is just a graphical interface to the console of the controller. If your not getting any data into RTD after you connect, send the rtd-period 100 command to the controler.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com