View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #5810 (permalink)
electricstorm
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by type2teach View Post
Woohoo! First real test drive over 10mph and hit some hills to boot. Everything fine except....
I understand the text box and setting parameters and stuff, but I can't get the info to SAVE.
That box above the black box, with the values, is that supposed to change once I type in a change? I'm having trouble with my potbox.
The parameters on the controller are set at 517 max throttle, but my pot will only go up to 499. I tried to change this, (and save it) but I don't think anything really changed, at least not in that top right hand corner box. Also, my pot doesn't go all the way back to "0". I have a sticky accelerator cable or something, so when I take my foot off the accelerator, it goes down to 20 (or so says RTD), AND the motor continues to spin, albeit slowly.
I set the parameters for the min to 22, but it's obviously not working.
And yes, I saved that, too. The black data box says the info has been saved to the ee, but I'm not experiencing this when I drive.
Any thoughts?
And THANKS SO MUCH!
Joel in Philly
I was having trouble with this at first also untill zsnemeth suggested I not use the = sign (I.E.: ki 120 and not ki=120. leave out the = sign). Also, make sure you are typing the commands as they are listed in the command list under the help tab on RTD Explorer. If you are typing uppercase characters instead of lowercase characters (if the command uses all lowercase), it will not save even though RTD Explorer says it saved it to EE.

Jim
The Following User Says Thank You to electricstorm For This Useful Post:
type2teach (07-19-2012)