View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 AM   #21 (permalink)
baldlobo
EcoModding Apprentice

clank - '99 jeep tj sport
90 day: 17.32 mpg (US)
thanks, but i think your wrong; high pressure exists under every road going vehicle. it's the pressure differential on top that creates lift(following bernoulli's principle: air flow over the immediate top of the vehicle increases in speed and decrease in pressure, wanting to return to it's original pressure and speed)(considering the vehicle is slicing through the air not the other way around, and it's not like air is piling up underneath the vehicle(nothing is stopping it from coming out from under the vehicle or compressing it), if anything the air is being slightly pulled out by the vehicles' vacuum wake); or how else would you explain lift at speed in general?

and fan blade, it's more like a turned over shovel.

ps. i didn't feel any discernible lift(short wheel base would make any lift felt especially at 100kph(over 60mph); it felt more stable.

if anything the air dam that is suggested would make the air pressure closer to equal(over vs under) along with the drag associated with parts in the air flow otherwise.
but i think there is a a vacuum induced behind both my skid plate and any air dam implemented, limiting the size/amount of vacuum would be best.

pss. sven do you have a problem with reading or comprehension?(do i need to draw pictures?)

Last edited by baldlobo; 07-19-2012 at 05:26 AM..