View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
james.lafrance
EcoModding Lurker

SW2 - '97 Saturn SW2

Metro - '94 Geo Metro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I tore down my diesel in 2009 and I had burned a lot of WVO and there were no signs of WVO gunk build up and this was long before I ran water injection.

What's "a lot"?

You have to be carefull what you fumigate your intake with, vaporized WVO wont have much detonation resistance.

what does that mean? detonation resistance?

Water injection works on cleaning diesel and gas engines, wind sheild washer fluid works better because it has alcohol and soap on it.
Water injection does not appear to boost fuel economy on gas engines.

are you familiar with Tom Ogel's work back in the 60's [or 50's?] ? From what i understand his device would 'vaporize' water and would be compressed by an AC compressor and directed into the engine. I'm sure i have some of the story wrong here, you should look it up your self, but he managed to get 100+ mpg on a gasoline studebaker that weighed roughly the same as a Hummer. Just by vaporizing and compressing water and/or gas. I'd say 100+ mpg on something that would of got less then 20 is a boost to fuel economy. I looked up his original patents, but had a hard time understanding it completely, so i didn't retain the info, but it's out there. oh watch that movie called "gashole", he was mentioned in there.
James.

Last edited by james.lafrance; 07-22-2012 at 08:20 PM..