View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
AaronMartinSole
Your car looks ridiculous

The Fantastic Festiva - '90 Ford Festiva L
90 day: 43.16 mpg (US)

A Civic Duty - '96 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 34.9 mpg (US)

Ranger Danger - '96 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 17.42 mpg (US)
A book just came in the mail that I forgot I ordered. How to Make Your Car Last Forever. I've only gone through a few pages, but it recommended sticking with the severe service regimen for me and I've learned so many new things that I never knew needed maintenance. Things like inspecting your spark plugs every 20,000 miles, changing your transmission filter! Didn't even know cars had a transmission filter! A fuel filter! Serpentine/timing belts, PCV valves? He talks about all those additives they sell at the auto parts store too and literally pleads the fifth on most of those questions. Then there are things he mentions like more expensive car washes that wash the underbelly in salty regions and rust protection. Picture by picture instructions on how to do maintenance. He says things like the steering and suspension and even the parking brake cable needs lubricating! I would have never even thought about doing that. I think he has a show on Sirius XM radio. Fantastic easy read. I guess I have a lot more maintenance to do on my car!