View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
compress

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldlobo View Post
ok so here's a picture

[_
.. \
... \

_____

you're saying it would compress the air(air as far as i know doesn't compress until your going well over 100mph; this is why ram air doesn't work)

then you're saying it'll over expand to fill the void increasing pressure(creating lift)

can you calculate gas expansion for what little it would be compressed for me(yes i'm asking you to do math)

oh and one more thing by the time my jeep cover's it's wheel base in distance it only needs to be going 10kph(jeep's wheel base is 93.4 inches(2.37 meters)

first of all direction isn't your strong suit is it, the skid faces downward not up... and most air dams i've ever seen are mostly straight down where as most spoilers are upward curves(designed to impliment downforce and drag).

if i felt any lift in the jeep it would make the rear end of the vehicle light, meaning it would feel unstable(it feels the complete opposite)

if you need better pics i'll break out paint next time.
typically,compressibility effects are not encountered in automobiles until above 250 mph.
Pressure differentials will cause lift whether a function of velocity or separation/turbulence.