View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
i just joined the forum a little while ago hello everyone. i wanted to wait til i fixed my vx til i joined so i could help others out with this terrible stumbling problem. anyhow im not going to get into the past repairs i did because they are irrelevant. when i got the car previous owner was trying to fix the stumble and could not. It had a new oxygen sensor ntk with the matching part number so i figured it was not the problem. it ran fine cold, when it got hot it had the common stumble and when o2 was unplugged it ran fine.

luckily i have a spare vx laying around to compare some stuff with. the factory calls for the A09 part number oxygen sensor. the one i am working on had an A08 number but my spare one had the A09 which that previous owner replaced with new. On top of that he had the old one in the glove box and that was also an A09 number. sooo i switched the A09 to the one i was having the stumble with and voila stumble was gone (after i reset the ecu first) On a tank of gas with the A08 i got 44mpg but that was affected by the low power problem and me having to increase the throttle position to gain power. i should be over 50mpg now with a smooth transition into and out of lean burn

in my first experience with the vx stumble i would go ahead and get the honda factory sensor/ or A09 ntk sensor. fix it right the first time as many would say.