View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
I've been talking with one of the local makerspace guys on ways to improve the BMS, but I also started building the BMS for my Prius' PHEV kit. All the components are back in the car and the only thing I'm waiting on now is the BMS.

I started building the 'bms shield' for the arduino yesterday. I'm not making it look super pretty, so I reused the little board (taped up one) that houses the opto-isolators. I had been using it for the charging side protection previously. So, I just wired it to the shield.

I also have to update my schematic a bit more as I went through and missed a few things. I had to add one resistor and remove a different one.

Building the shield is almost done. I still have to add the current sensor stuff, but that is what I have been talking to my friend at the makerspace about. Anyway, the main portion left to do is the 'front of the vehicle' section of the schematic that has the on/on switch and the SOC meter. There aren't many components there, but lots of wires off that 16 pin shift register chip.

Here are the pics so far.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMS 002.JPG
Views:	1886
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	11273   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMS 003.JPG
Views:	1798
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	11274