View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #432 (permalink)
orbywan
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Thanks for that -- I'll try to take a look for the backup trigger wire. These monitors have a modular plug and so it might be an additional pin (or jumper?) that could power it?

The biggest challenge is that the Velcro I have holding my ScanGauge in place, slips when the car gets hot, which makes turning on the second monitor more difficult...
It just occurred to me Neil that if your monitors don't have a reverse-on trigger wire (98% of what we see now days does, look in your wiring diagrams for the monitors), there should be an item on the menu for 'Power-on' or 'Auto-on', or something to that effect, so you can program them to come on when there is power in the line.

I see the photo of the two monitors behind the wheel. I take it your gauges are on the center part of the dash?? I wish my Saturn was laid out like that, that's a perfect spot for monitors. Mine is in the center part of the dash where the stereo used to be. Those are so close to your face you could use a single quad monitor and run the two side cams on the split screens.