View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Water makes mud of dust is more the thought. Collects. Releases again and again that dust to the intake.

Screening for mud daubers, too, if you have them up there. Look at RV furnace screens for ideas.

The MOPAR filter is outstanding. Don't know who makes it but it is the one to have (unless you want to get tricky and try the Amsoil/Donaldson panel, or the AFE panel; both dry type).

As to "definitive" on CAI, well, that was a strong word. But no one else out there is testing purely for FE. And even if they were, again, none are as sensitive to changes would be my guess. A-B-A almost isn't needed. I agree it may not be large, but know with the heat problem contextualised I understand it.

Yes, couldn't think of name of filter minder. Most any strong alkaline cleaner will "cook" them, so many do not work after a few passes under a car wash wand. They are also a source of potential leaks (uncontrolled air).

Turbulence is a problem to the compressor, and the additional length of the "draw" if the box is sealed might change what the t/c sees under boost (was the thought).